#14 Neat Obsessions

Hi!

    I’m here again after a month of absence in the writing world. I was very busy at work and at my house. (⌒▽⌒)☆ Today, I will share my two current favorite activities at home – decluttering and cleaning lol. (*οΎ‰▽οΎ‰)

    Hearing this topic may make my entry sounds less interesting, but I’ve never been so happy in my life after a month of neat obsessing. I used to be the person who will keep a lot of trivial things like product manuals and old high school notebooks. I didn’t like to throw things away, especially if those were considered sentimental. However, I realized and asked myself,

*“Is it worth it to spend on storage boxes and take more space in my less-than-7-square-meter bedroom?”

*” Do I really have to keep these things from people who I wasn’t friends with anymore?”

*” Is there any hope that this medium size dress that I received xx years ago will look ok in my petite body frame? Plus the style is a little outdated!”

And so on, and so forth…

    I may not be an expert in the art of decluttering, but I began first by discarding the old architectural plates that I made when I was a college student (However, I kept my best ones!). Next were the broken devices - like wired earphones. Surprisingly, decluttering has given me extra money by selling things that may be useful to someone. I even sold some old vampire-themed novels, which I have already read thousand times when I was a teenager. Believed it or not, I accumulated Php 3,500.00 by selling my old belongings!

    Using the money, I bought some architectural books for my upcoming vacation studies and a cheap corkboard to put on my wall. And I may sound very childish now, but because of this neat obsession, I've finally found a space for my dream desk! I always wanted to have one in my bedroom because I love drawing and writing journals. When I was a student, I was only using the dining table for studying and art purposes (which could be inconvenient at times).

    Honestly, the desk that I've put in my bedroom isn’t a writing desk at all but an old computer table. It wasn’t aesthetically pleasing because of its age, but nevertheless, it is highly functional because my father modified it and added another outlet several years ago. And the outlet is where my humidifier and lamp are connected, (awesome, right?) I love my new desk (well, new for me) very much!

Here is the photo of my corkboard, and above it, you can see my framed digital artwork. I also put several personal photographs, hand-drawn artwork, and a small postcard of my favorite country – Russia!

    Until the next blog! Take care, everyone!
    (◕‿◕)♡