#17 The Sims 4 House Creation

Hello there! Happy holidays to you! ❄☃❄

    I would like to share my Sims 4 house creation that I worked on for a long time! In actual life, I’m working as an apprentice in the architecture industry, and I've applied all the knowledge that I’ve gained in this game. And the fun thing about creating houses in the Sims 4 is there is no restriction; you can design a structure without worrying about the building codes, structure, other utilities, and even the budget (because cheating money is common when playing the Sims :D)

    I chose “Del Sol Valley” because it is my favorite world in the said game. The ocean and the world’s landscape reminded me of Los Angeles, California; which is my preferred type of place. Using some cheat codes, I bought the most expensive lot called “Chateau Peak”.

    But honestly, I didn’t like the pre-made Sims houses, so I had to bulldoze everything. :D It is a 64 x 64 lot size; the largest one you can purchase in Del Sol Valley. The lot was supposed to be a celebrity home because it belonged to a neighborhood where all famous sims were living.

    Actually, the house was a downloadable custom content but I still had to modify 85% — 95% of it. It felt like I made everything from scratch because it looks different than the original.

Exterior perspectives of “Arceo Deluxe”. Even in actual life, I have a fascination with modern architectural designs. I love large windows and sleek vertical lines.

    I began to lay out the floor plans of my sim’s mansion. For me, it is the most challenging part because every area must have proper circulation. The good thing is, I have a large lot where I could almost put everything that my sims needed and wanted.

FLOOR CIRCULATIONS

Ground floor plan - the lot was large enough for the landscape design. I know that the palm trees and cherry blossom trees don't exist together but hey, I both love those trees. :D
Second-floor plan – my favorite part is the master bedroom and the art room.

Roof plan – well, the sims are wealthy, and they can afford solar panels. But honestly, I’m quite unsure of the chimneys. I live in a country where those things don’t exist at all, so I have no idea if what I did here is correct.

INTERIOR VIEWS

Ground Floor

(Up) Garage area – sadly, there are no cars in the Sims 4. (EA, please consider those objects!) Moreover, you can see a small space for tools storage and a workstation because my sims’ husband likes to repair things as a hobby. (Down) Lounge area – just a small space for relaxation. My sim loves to lounge with her husband while watching her adoptive son play in the pond outside.

(Up) Play area – a space for indoor sports. (Down) Service area – an essential space because my sim feels uncomfortable eating at the same table with her butler LOL - and I think that’s more proper. It is also accessible to the laundry area and drying area.

(Down) Entertainment area – ahh, my favorite space on the ground floor. This is the perfect place for my sims to entertain their guests. It has a bar, a modern sofa set, a fireplace, and a grand piano; making the area look cozy.

A photo of the hallway from entry to the living area, then another snapshot of the entertainment area.

(Up) Foyer – once entering the house, the staircase that leads to the second floor is noticeable at one glance. Well, the mansion is large enough, and my sims don’t wish to walk further if they came from outside and wanted to go upstairs. The foyer also leads to different areas such as entertainment, guest area, powder room, and living area. Beside the main door, you can also see a bulletin board for important family notes. (Down) Guest room – an elegant space for visitors who would like to spend a night in my sims house. Of course, it has its own bathroom and a hotel setup.

(Up) Formal kitchen – because of game cheats, my sims can afford all expensive items, even the exclusive appliances. There’s a breakfast nook, so if the sims are lazy to eat at the dining table. It can be a preparation counter as well. (Down) Dining area – it is near the formal kitchen as seen on the plans. How I wish that the Sims 4 has better furniture set for this kind of area. My sim wanted to display her chinas so you can see a luxurious cabinet for her precious collections.


Living area – again, how I wish that the game has better stuff to purchase! I didn’t like those seats, however, you can see that the living area (even the dining area) is accessible to the outdoor entertainment area.
(Up) Another view of the living area that leads to the service area. (Down) View of the outdoor area where the sims can grill barbecue and swim.

Second Floor

Master bedroom – it has its own closet room, a lounge, a small study area, and an enormous bathroom. After all, it is a master bedroom. It is also near their future baby’s room.

(Up) Eris’ bedroom – that’s the bedroom for my sim’s adoptive five-year-old son. However, the room’s design will change as he grows up. He has his own balcony and bathroom as well. (Down) Art room – a place for my sim’s hobby during her rest days.

Gym – health is wealth, and this is the space for my sims workout sessions. With COVID-19’s new normal, every home must have at least one piece of gym equipment. Here, the gym has its own shower room and a small kitchen so that after working out, my sims can grab something to drink and refresh themselves. It has its own lounge with speakers and a balcony with yoga mats.

    And that's the end of my sims house. =^.^= Now, it's time to meet my sims family of four!


    Hope you like it! :D