#34 Inadequacy

Writing with a heavy heart.

    On Facebook, I saw a successful couple who were both a year older than me. They ran an architectural firm and it became well-known in the country. I was so curious that I stalked the profiles of those people that I don't even know in real life, and found out that apart from their successful firm together, they have cars, the license to practice, Conrad Hotel vacations, Dermatologist sessions, expensive iPhones and SOMETHING that I never had in my life right now. At that moment, I feel a pang of inadequacy. I know it's such a negative feeling and I'm trying my very best to forget these feelings. I know that life isn't a race but I feel so... behind despite working hard, despite being dedicated to the industry - I still live with my parents, I still don't have the license to practice, and still earn little above the minimum wage.

    Someday, I will see myself as a successful person just like those people.