#55 Merry Christmas 2023!

    Merry Christmas everyone from me and Bailey!

Season's greetings from Alyssa and Bailey (2023)

    I am currently writing this while waiting for my phone to be charged. Well, a new phone after four years! (A pink device that I just love and will write a review about it!) I haven’t written anything in a while and it feels so nostalgic to write here again even if I don’t have a reader. HAHAHA.

    Holidays came fast and with five more days to go, we will all welcome 2024! To be honest, 2023 was the most challenging year for me, as the first half of it was dreaded by several family problems. When my Papa was hospitalized and my Mama discovered his affair in the emergency room, I honestly felt like the world had fallen on my shoulders. We spent Php 800k to cover all the hospital bills, and I was in huge financial debt as the eldest child. But God is good because he provides! At this time of writing, my Papa was a thousand times better and was able to work again. Most importantly, my parents did not break up and I still live with a complete family.

    In the second half of 2023, I quit my job because I grabbed an opportunity in architecture with a higher compensation, which is also a fifteen-minute walk away from my home. That gave me a lot of free time and made me busy with several art projects as another means of income. Looking back at February when I drained my passbook savings down to the required maintaining balance, I am now proud to say that I’ve reached my 6-digit-savings once again! It’s difficult though because I had to sacrifice some comfort to reach my goal. However, I did not regret a thing because I know how important is it to save for the future.

    Generally speaking, my life is still the same; work during the weekdays, household chores during the weekends but sometimes, I’d like to participate in my chapter’s activities. I might sound like a boring person to others, and I even broke my five-year-old relationship due to my ex’s lying and secretive habits, which really made 2023 not the happiest year at all.

    I even bought many things during the second half of the year. I upgraded my wardrobe staples because it had been four years since I did so, and my everyday work clothes were already showing signs of wear and tear. I even redecorated my bedroom and bought a loft bed because my space was so narrow and all of my pieces of furniture were taking up the floor area to the point that it felt like I was always sleeping inside the box! Oh well, I will write a separate blog on my redecorating bedroom agenda! I even sold useless stuff, and it felt so great when unwanted things became a source of cash!

    For now, I will attach a photo that my Mom took yesterday. It is me and my dog, Bailey. She has gotten so big now!


    I even sponsored our Noche Buena meal. It was really delicious!

Shot with Vivo V29 5G (no filter) | Food by Bel's Kitchen MNL

Shot with Vivo V29 5G (no filter) | Food by Conti's: Delightfully Yours – Conti's Bakeshop & Restaurant (contis.ph)

Shot with Vivo V29 5G (no filter) | Food by Bel's Kitchen MNL

Shot with Vivo V29 5G (no filter) | Wine given by UAP Pasig Chapter, Flowers by my ex-boyfriend and Leche Flan by my Mom

Shot with Vivo V29 5G (no filter) | Food by Bel's Kitchen MNL

Shot with Vivo V29 5G (no filter) | Food by Bel's Kitchen MNL


    I don’t have any material things in my Santa’s letter because I have gotten most of it. All I wish for now is good health, a stable source of income, and peace of mind.

    Merry Christmas again!