#56 My New Devices!

    Hi there, today I want to talk about the electronic devices I purchased last year. I won’t go into technical details since there are already many blogs out there that cover those. Instead, I’ll share those blogs with you.

Number one, a new phone: Vivo V29 5G (Rose Pink Edition)

  • Release date: November 2023
  • Date of purchase: December 2023
  • Price: Php 24,999.

    I purchased my first-ever pink phone, and wow, it’s incredibly stylish! Despite my desire for the Samsung Flip 5, I came to the realization that no matter the cost, phones inevitably become slow and broken within five years. This Vivo V29 5G is a significant upgrade from my Huawei P30 Lite that I purchased in November 2019. Joking aside, there’s still a part of me that hopes to own a flip phone someday.

I received an umbrella as a free gift with my purchase. Unfortunately, there were not many other freebies available.

    Honestly, I used to underestimate Vivo phones because of their affordability compared to Samsung and Apple, but, hey; the photography is superb to the point that I could see the details of my dog’s fur even at night, all thanks to its aura light feature. The exterior design is elegant and the camera lenses are less visible compared to the Oppo Reno 10 5G. For more detailed reviews, you can read another blog here: vivo V29 5G REVIEW: Impressive Display and Multi-color Aura Light for Low-light Photography | Pinoy Techno Guide

Hi Bailey!

The night that I bought this phone! ~


    I spent another day on customization, and it was an absolute joy. As of today, these are the apps that were installed on my phone.


The widgets are so cool; I didn’t have these on my previous phone.



I still love it with just the simple case.


    My Huawei P30 Lite is still operational, but the volume and power buttons no longer work. They have been malfunctioning since August 2023. Although I can still access the phone using the fingerprint sensor, it has become inconvenient. Therefore, I decided to give my old device to my dad, who was happy to replace the phone that he had been using for ten years. He was able to fix the buttons, but unfortunately, he accidentally damaged the LCD screen during the process.

    When I bought my Huawei phone for Php 15,000 as an apprentice architect, it was a significant expense for me. That’s why I am still glad that my dad can still use it.

Night photography has completely transformed my photography experience!


Number two, a new earbud: Lenovo LP2

  • Release date: I cannot find info
  • Date of purchase: August 2023
  • Price: Php 592.00

   


 I purchased Huawei’s Freebuds for Php 7999 in June 2020, but I am extremely unsatisfied with their durability. The right earbud drains too fast and runs out of battery after playing a single song. Despite their superior sound quality compared to my Lenovo LP2, I refuse to purchase expensive earbuds again.

    And you won’t believe what happened with my ex-boyfriend who owned Freebuds 3i. After using them for three years, he experienced the same issues! Can you imagine that?

    After the wired jack of my P30 lite malfunctioned in 2023, I decided to upgrade to wireless earphones. I purchased the LP2, which has been a reliable replacement ever since.

    You can read for a more detailed review here: Lenovo LP2 Review - Cheapest Earbuds Under $15 Similar To AirPods 2 (techxreviews.com)

Number three, a new monitor: Asus ProArt PA278QV

  • Release date: May 2020
  • Date of purchase: June 2023
  • Price: Php 27,772.00 (with interest)


    This is one of the best purchases I made last year. As an architect and digital artist, this 27-inch display meets all my graphic display needs. Although it is more expensive than other monitors in the market, it is worth it for people in the same industry as me. I love how accurate all the colors are, and how much it has increased my productivity when working on new artwork. It also came with a three-month free Adobe Creative Cloud subscription and a three-year warranty for the display.

    I don’t have a television in my bedroom, so this monitor also serves me well when I want to stream Netflix at night. Furthermore, my brother loves it too. Look how happy he was holding the box last June 2023. The box itself is also artistic, and I haven’t thrown it away yet - I simply use it to store all my clutter. Hahaha.



    For more detailed reviews, read it here: ASUS ProArt Display PA278QV Review - RTINGS.com

   That's all for today hahaha! I am eager to work harder, and it feels good to enjoy the fruits of my labor!

    Until then!